Durable, Colorful Powder Coated Aluminum Fences
All GreatFence.com aluminum fences, aluminum gates, and aluminum handrails come in 9 different powder coat colors to compliment your landscape and property. And while our fence products are strong and durable, it’s their color coating performance that is really shines through.
From a shiny high gloss finish to a smooth satin flat finish, you have options.
Attractive and strong
There’s one very good reason that we offer a lifetime warranty on materials and paint finish… It’s that our powder coated aluminum fences and gates simply do not crack, peel, blister or rust. Why? Powder coating.
What is powder coating?
Powder coating is a multi-layer of color and protection and that is applied to our aluminum fence components as a free-flowing, dry powder.
The coating, typically applied through an electrostatic process, is then cured under heat allowing the powder to flow and form a strong yet smooth skin on top of our aluminum fence panels and gates.
Why is powder coating superior?
There are a number of reasons we use powder coating on our GreatFence products.
- Powder coating adheres to aluminum better than paint or other coatings. It sticks so well that it is guaranteed not to rust even under harsh conditions including extreme heat and extreme cold. It stands up to humidity and salt and maintains it color and gloss.
- Conventional liquid paint requires a solvent to keep the binder and filler parts in a liquid form. These solvents emit volatile organic compounds (VOC) which can be dangerous to workers’ health and the environment according to the EPA. Powder coating however, is dry when it is applied and thus emits very few as compared to other paints and coatings.
- Powder coating does not involve harmful carcinogens, unlike the liquid spray paint finish method.
- Wastes produced during the powder coating process can be recycled or disposed of in an environmentally friendly manner unlike paints and other coatings.
- Powder coating processes require significantly less energy for production than other coating methods.
Bottom line, powder coating is better for you, better for our employees, and better for the environment.
How do you know that our powder coatings stand up?
GreatFence.com powder coated aluminum fences, gates, and accessories meet the standards of AAMA-2604-5.
This means that the American Architectural Manufacturers Association has ensured that our powder coated finish performs at a very high level in terms of integrity, it’s ability to withstand harsh weather conditions, and its general appearance over a period of many years.
In order to earn AAMA certification GreatFence.com agrees not only to submit our products to independent testing but also to have unannounced on-site inspections to prove that the product tested in the lab is the same product that is being produced in the factory.
We’re committed to delivering the highest quality aluminum fences and gates possible and our AAMA Certification is one way we show it.
So, what’s your favorite GreatFence.com color?
Hunter Green Gloss, Gold Gloss, Satin Black, Satin Bronze or any of our other shades and finishes? No matter which you choose, we guarantee your color will stay on and stay strong for the lifetime of your fence.
Want to learn more?
American Architectural Manufacturers Association Standards
Aluminum Fence & Gate Colors